2021 Jeep Cherokee
The Jeep Cherokee has been one of the automaker's best-selling vehicles over the two decades it's been in production. The 2021 model year has seen the award-winning SUV receive several major improvements and seems sure to keep its place at the head of the 4x4 compact crossover pack. What are the main features you can expect from the 2021 Jeep Cherokee? Read on to find out.
Powerful Engine Choices
- Standard engine - 2.4L inline-four engine producing 180 horsepower and 171lb-ft of torque, with all-wheel drive an available option.
- Standard engine - 3.2L V6 mill which raises the output to 271 horsepower and 239lb-ft, all-wheel drive as standard.
- New - Altitude trim features a 2.0L turbo engine which raises the torque to 295lb-ft.
But the Cherokee's performance is about much more than raw power. The intelligent transmission includes five selectable drive modes for different terrains and conditions, along with a suspension that's tuned to combine great street handling with the power to withstand off-pavement shakes, rattles, and rolls.
Interior and Infotainment Tech
The five-passenger cabin has a generous amount of legroom in both rows, offering 104cm for the driver and passenger, and 102cm for the three in the rear. Even with all five passengers seated, the Cherokee's trunk can still hold up to 730 litres, which is respectable if the not stellar amount of storage for brief trips out of town. The cabin is also well equipped with infotainment features. The standard 7" touchscreen runs the impressive Uconnect software, noted for its user-friendliness and intuitive layout, and can be upgraded to an 8.4" model if desired. Every Cherokee trim features Android Auto and Apple CarPlay for smartphone connectivity, and higher trims sport multiple USB ports in the front and rear.
Advanced Safety Features as Standard
In a welcome development for 2021, the Cherokee now includes a wider range of active safety features as standard, with highlights including:
- Forward collision warnings with automatic emergency braking function.
- Lane departure warnings and lane-keeping assist.
- Blind spot monitor.
- Rear cross-traffic alerts.